Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reclaiming the Morning

"She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls." Proverbs 31:15

I'm not doing so well on my mornings now that school is out. Here it is 9:00 am and I'm finally getting around to blogging. It is decadent to sleep later in the morning with school out, but I do miss that time in the morning. Part of me thinks that I need to start setting myself an alarm so that I still have my mornings to get things done. But then part of me thinks that we have so little obligations this summer that a little extra sleep is perfectly okay. But now here I sit at the computer, the kids have had breakfast and are busy playing, but I am not finished blogging, my laundry hasn't even been started, and I am still in need of a shower. Whereas a few weeks ago by this time I had two loads of laundry hanging outside by this time, and I've showered, cleaned the kitchen, and gotten my dinner plan done for the day.

I think I'm slacking. My desire to enjoy summer vacation may be going a bit far. While I don't think I need to adhere to this verse today entirely, it serves as a reminder to myself. If I were to rise before dawn this time of year...well, that would just be insane. But I can rouse myself a bit earlier and get more accomplished in the morning hours. Next week we'll be going camping, and I could certainly use the time this week to get ourselves ready for that! I pray that I can be mindful of my morning time and that I can get myself out of bed just a tad earlier.

No comments: