Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Cup Runneth Over

There are just some days where I wake up singing in my heart. Saturdays tend to be that day right now. I love Saturdays. Abigail is home from school, Andy is home from work, and we all get to spend the day together. We try really hard to not make plans on Saturday's because we love to spend it all together. Sometimes we actually go do something special, but most often it's just being at home, interacting and having a good time being a family.

"Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. "Romans 12:10

"Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." Ephesians 5:2

Today we will be taking delight in each other. Later Andy and I have a few things to do at church, and Abigail has asked that she be allowed to walk around outside of church with a plastic bag to pick up litter. Who can argue with that? Together as a family we will take care of God's House and get everything ready for our day of worship tomorrow. It brings me such joy to know that we are setting a wonderful example for our children, and that they also enjoy serving in whatever way they can. Last night we had dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's house. When it came time to set the table, both of my children were eager and asking to help. They love to help in any way they can. Yet I clearly remember growing up where setting the table was a daily chore and grumbling about it. May the Lord continue to bless my children and help them to delight in their service.

No comments: