Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Another Point

"After Jesus had said this, he went on ahead, going up to Jerusalem. 29As he approached Bethphage and Bethany at the hill called the Mount of Olives, he sent two of his disciples, saying to them, 30"Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. 31If anyone asks you, 'Why are you untying it?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it.' "

32Those who were sent ahead went and found it just as he had told them. 33As they were untying the colt, its owners asked them, "Why are you untying the colt?"

34They replied, "The Lord needs it." Luke 19:28-34

I also enjoyed this point from our Palm Sunday message. And that is that God knows what he is doing, even when we are clueless. Even in those moments when we have no idea what we are doing or why we are doing- those times where we may feel a little lost, God knows what is going on. That can be a great comfort! Lately I have been feeling a little unsure about things relating to church, but again (another message for me!) I can take great comfort in knowing that God knows. I may not know the reason for being where we are, but God sure does. And in his timing, that will be revealed to me. In the meantime, I will embrace the fact that God knows. I may not, and that is okay- it doesn't mean I understand it, but I will continue doing what I do and pray for guidance and wisdom.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must admit, when Dr. Greg read this part of the passage on Sunday I laughed. "When they untied the donken, the owner asked, 'Why are you untying the donkey?'" For some reason the sequence of sentences was funny to me. It's amazing that just the simple things can be useful to God.