Friday, March 30, 2007

The Plan

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

God has a plan for each and every one of us. And he knows exactly what it is. To me, that is beyond exciting. Of course, it also makes me want to know what it is. So often I can't help but wonder if we are doing what we should be doing, and if we are where we are supposed to be. Are Andy and I supposed to be the caretakers of our church? Or is that just our selfish nature not wanting other people to take care of it? I know how well I clean the church each week. On the weeks when someone else does it, I always wonder if they do as good of a job. Are we even at the right church? Sometimes I really wonder at that. Maybe there is somewhere else we are supposed to be entirely. Maybe we aren't even living in the right town, maybe we're supposed to go somewhere without a church and start one. There are so many variables, and so many what ifs. And every once in a while, those doubts and variables are really at the forefront of my mind.

Right now, I think it's because of spring. Spring is new beginnings and starting over, and I always think about how exciting it would be to start over somewhere new. And while sometimes these feelings that I have, could be a gentle nudge, for the most part (at least right now) I think these are thoughts of doubt. Thoughts from the enemy to get us to run away from the good we are doing now. And instead of focusing on those negative thoughts, its really a struggle to think on the positive. But then I found this verse today, and it gives me such hope. God has a plan!! He knows exactly where we should be, and what we should be doing. And I know, without a doubt, that if a change is to be made, he will tell us. He will let us know when it's time for a change- in a big way. It will be a resounding call for change, and that time is not now. So for now, I pray wholeheartedly that these negative thoughts take a hike, and that they stop coming back! I pray that his will for our lives will be clear in our hearts and minds, and that we will follow it with all our hearts. For he is a great God, and only has our best interests in mind. He wants us to be happy and prosperous, and that is certainly a hope to cling to.

No comments: