Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Nice Day

1 Keep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.

2 I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."

3 As for the saints who are in the land,
they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight. [b]

4 The sorrows of those will increase
who run after other gods.
I will not pour out their libations of blood
or take up their names on my lips.

5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.

6 The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.

7 I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.

8 I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.

9 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,

10 because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.

11 You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


It's one of those days already. I look outside and see the snow melting before my eyes and see the spring creeping in- I found chive sprouts in my chive bed! For the first time in several days I feel like I have gotten a decent night's sleep, and overall I just woke up in a good mood this morning. I love days like this. I have a load of housework to do, but I will tackle every effort with a song in my heart. It will be a pleasure to pull laundry out of the washer and know that by next week my yard may be dry enough to hang the laundry to dry in the spring air. Tonight as I watch my daughter at ballet class, I will be so thankful to God for giving her the opportunity. And as I watch my son laugh his head off at something silly he heard or saw, I will be so thankful for him and the joy he brings to my life.

God is great! And some days are meant just for remembering that and for spending the day rejoicing in his gladness.

No comments: