Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Trusting God without fear!

Doesn't that sound cool! Being able to trust God and not have any fear. David wrote just that thing in Psalm 56. Verse 11 says " I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals doto me." Indeed! When we place our complete trust in God, we can take those risks he wants us to take. And when we trust, yet still expect disaster to occur, we can be shown God's glory when the disaster is averted. God is trustworthy whether we trust him or not, but he wants us to trust him! He wants us to trust him so that we don't have to be worried. He wants us to trust so that we do not feel fear. What a great God! He doesn't want us to feel worry or fear- so what are we worrying and fearing?

I think on this, and I think about sending my beautiful daughter to school. That is such an act of trust on my part. I have complete trust that God will keep her safe while she is at school. That was very hard for me to do, let me tell you. Especially when you hear every other day on the news about school violence, it gets increasingly more difficult to send Abigail to school. Yet she needs to go to school. Every morning as she walks away from tht van, I say a quick prayer that she will have a wonderful day and will stay safe. I imagine that feeling is only going to get worse as she gets older. The kids will get more violent at school, and then eventually there will be college, marriage, etc. Yikes! As a parent I find my trust in God tested every day, whether that will be with their safety, or with the choices Abigail makes at school when I am not there to guide her.

Trust in God. Oh how grateful I am for such a gracious God. His grace is my daughter's keeper when I am not with her. Wow. What a great thought to start out my day.

No comments: